• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T45 Gs

Status
Not open for further replies.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Ground school classes were about a month and then you get into some basic familirazation (not FAMS) sims. Then some EP's and BI's before you get in the plane. Its about a month and a half to two months before you will fly.

Dave

Jaxs170

www.YANKEESSUCK.com
EODDave said:
No problemo. Its a great time here.

Dave

Dave, glad to see you are having a great time in Meridian. I am finally having a great time at Vance... because I am done and on my way to Tinker come Thursday!!! Just wanted to check in and see how things are going for you and the other 28 folks down there. Lata.

Jaxs170

www.YANKEESSUCK.com
Patmack18 said:
Jaxs... how's E-6 life? I select next Thursday and any insight would be appreciated. Just wanna know more about all the communities. Don't know any E-6 dudes.

Hey Patmack, I can't give you too much insight into the specifics of E-6 life, but, here's what I do know.

Going through T-1s at Vance sucks, but its a right of passage which everyone here accepts to get to the good life flying the E-6. T-1s is 7 months long, about a month of academics to start. "Transition" phase sucks, sucks, sucks, and then it sucks some more, and just when you think it may stop sucking, it doesn't, in all, about 6-8 weeks of total BS you have to go through. After this it does get a little better in Navigation, and you'll get to go to some cool places for lunch (hope you like BBQ). It is the meat and potatoes of training here, a total of 22 fights. Finally, you end with mission fam, but I know the syllabus is changing for Navy studs to do most simulated air refueling. Also there are co-pilot rides and I believe the number of these is changing for Navy studs as well, right now its 6 flights, but I think its going up.

Once you get to Tinker, you do innitial training on a 737, then the E-6. Word I have is that it's pretty chill at the FRS, and the squadrons aren't too different. No one I have talked to has had anything bad to say about TACAMO, and oh yeah, the plane kicks a$$ (brand new all glass cockpits based on the 737NG progressively being installed)

Good luck with selection, hope this helo draft I have heard about goes away.

Pap

Naval Aviator
pilot
Hey Jax,

Good to see you are done with the AF BS. Mike and I are doing just fine. We should be getting our instrument ratings in another 2 weeks and then it’s off to do the cool s***. Low-level flying, dropping bombs, ACM and of course going to the Boat. We should wing around August. Good luck with the E-6.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Jax,

Whats up! I am so glad I came here instead of Kingsville. Im doing my AirNavs right now and start my IR next week. After we get our cloud card we get to do the cool stuff PAP was talking about. Hope life goes well in the TACAMO community. Keep in touch and let me know how things go at the Rag.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.