• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T2 pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Shutter

Nice pix. I think I mentioned seeing one of those circling the ANG base up here. Nice little cross country hop for that guy. What's your friend going training for BTW?

D

ASUPilot

John,

Those are some great pictures you don't see every day. Tell your buddy that anytime he wants to send you pics it's okay with us...the board readers, LOL.

ASUPilot

vt9Jack

The last two pictures were taken by Jason Parkhurst, a friend of mine who came up to Meridian to visit a few weeks ago. The larger shot of the dash-2 is a picture taken from the back seat of a cruise form lead.

I've now got less than a month left in 'lovely' VT-9.....

jec

Dave Shutter

VT9Jack...

How would you rate intermediate to Primary? I hear you're basically doing the same syllabus save a few tactical items only in a jet. Thanx.

D

vt9Jack

Dave, It is true that there are some similarities in the sylabus. BIs, RIs, FAMS, FORMS... The big difference is that, obviousyly everything is coming at you faster.

RIs in the T34 were a pretty good intro. It is much different flying from Whiting to Crestview at 7,000' with a ground speed of 180 kts compared to flying with a ground speed of 350kts at FL250. Some of the differences like this one are pretty obvious.

In FAMS the idea is to get you to a point where you can safely operate the jet without any coaching. You're still doing Approach Turn Stalls, Clean Stalls, Level Speed Changes, etc. The biggest difference, aside from the speed, is the landing pattern. It is all based on AOA. You are learning to fly a Fresnel Lense (meatball) to a carrier box on the runway. It is unlike anything you may have done prior. The AOA approaches they intro in the T34 are just that, an intro.

Other things that may take some adjustment are flying twice a day, everyday. If you were lucky in Primary you got to fly twice a day, however it was probably more like 4-5 times a week total. Flying twice a day is definitely a good thing.

FORMS are pretty similar at first. The two plane basic sequence is the same as in primary. As you move on you start to do Cruise form as a two plane-lots of fun. Wingovers, barrel rools and high AOB-G loaded turns. Its a blast. You will eventually move on to four plane forms. That is a an adventure in itself, especially considering at any one time 2-3 of the aircraft in the division are student solos.

jec

vt9Jack

Started 'gunning' today. If you listen hard enough throughout the pattern you can almost make out the Barnam and Bailey's Circus music...

jec

vt9Jack

Finished GUNS Wednsday. The GUN solos
were awesome. A really big
confidence builder.

I spent last weekend on a 'good deal'
cross country to NYC.
On the way home we picked up the
VFR route down the Hudson River.
The Empire State Bldg, World Trade
Towers, and Statue of Liberty look
pretty damn cool from 500'...