• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-6 Texan

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost_ttu

Any word on when, where, and at what speed the Navy plans to convert to the T-6? Have any of the T-6 been implemented into Navy training to date?

Jeff

I read an article a couple weeks ago that we just graduated the first two navy studs to do JPATS (T-6) out of Moody. One is heading out here to Meridian and the other to Corpus. It will be a while yet before the Navy has any though.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The problem with bringing Texans up to Whiting is that there would not be any more split-field operations. The Texans have a longer t/o roll than the TurboMentors.

Dave Shutter

Our API class was told that the NFO's at Sherman, NAS P-Cola, would get them in a little while but that the Primary wings (CC/Whiting) won't for a few more years. Last I heard no Navy guys were going to Moody AFB for JPATS, but that was a while ago, may have changed?

gt0767a

At the forum at the museum a few weeks ago it was stated that the NFOs in Pcola would be getting the remaining Texans already ordered and that the new order being placed would go to the pilot trawings. They said they would be here by the end of the calendar year and that we would be training in them in a year. Maybe i'll still be here maybe I won't we'll see.

Christine

Finally get to start API on Friday!!

Status
Not open for further replies.