• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-6 Texan ii measurements

David0619

Hey all,

I was measured for all my anthro. measurements and am 6'3'' 200 lbs and have VERY long legs. My BKL is around 25.5 to 26 inch (depends who measured) which I know is close to the limit. Is the T-6 pretty "roomie"? I can't find anything online to tell me the exact measurements for the T-6. I'd hope for helos and I know that they are pretty spacious but was worried about the T-6. Thanks.

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
Hey all,

I was measured for all my anthro. measurements and am 6'3'' 200 lbs and have VERY long legs. My BKL is around 25.5 to 26 inch (depends who measured) which I know is close to the limit. Is the T-6 pretty "roomie"? I can't find anything online to tell me the exact measurements for the T-6. I'd hope for helos and I know that they are pretty spacious but was worried about the T-6. Thanks.

I'm the same as you, 6'3 to 6'4 with long legs and I fit in the 34 and 45 fine. Tight, but it's fine. The bros that flew the T-6 said it was nicer than the T-45. I wouldn't be worried at all.

PhrogLoop

Adulting is hard
pilot
Being tall is an advantage in helos (I think). The H-60 has a pretty high glareshield and if you can position your seat height to see over it and also have long enough arms to comfortably bottom out the collective (for autos, taxiing, etc) then you're in pretty good shape visually for most phases of flight. That is especially true in the landing and hover phases when the hawk pitches nose up.

Wingnut172N

Tumbleweed
pilot
6'2" (Unless we're doing BCA, then 6'3") and 205lbs here. Fit in the T-6 just fine. I like to sit low, so I put the pedals all the way out, no problems, and was comfortable even on a cross country. Goshawk was a bit tighter, but doable, just not comfortable for more than about a 1.5, which was about all the gas we had anyway.

ARAMP1

Aviator Extraordinaire
pilot
None
I had an onwing who was 6'5" probably 225-230lb...Linebacker at the academy. He sat with the seat all the way down and it was difficult to see around him from the back seat, but he fit.