• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-45C Study Material

flyboy833

I just selected T-1 out of Corpus and I'm headed out to Meridian shortly. The post-Primary life is nice, but I'm looking to start studying T-45 systems. Before primary there was plenty of gouge and the systems book for the T-34C was even online.. an easy fix. I can't find jack other then some CD's at this link http://www.flight-manuals-on-cd.com/T45.html. For the price and currency of the NATOPS, is it even worth it? How long will it take to get books issued once I get to Meridian? I also found this link https://www.cnatra.navy.mil/pubs/ppub_t45_str.htm I'm interested to see if these ideas are any good before I waste vacation time.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
I just selected T-1 out of Corpus and I'm headed out to Meridian shortly. The post-Primary life is nice, but I'm looking to start studying T-45 systems. Before primary there was plenty of gouge and the systems book for the T-34C was even online.. an easy fix. I can't find jack other then some CD's at this link http://www.flight-manuals-on-cd.com/T45.html. For the price and currency of the NATOPS, is it even worth it? How long will it take to get books issued once I get to Meridian? I also found this link https://www.cnatra.navy.mil/pubs/ppub_t45_str.htm I'm interested to see if these ideas are any good before I waste vacation time.
Enjoy your time off for now. When you get to Meridian, go to the sim building to get your books. The squadron will issue you your PCL and NATOPS.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
FYI the book issue folks in Meridian aren't giving out books until you are a week or two away from classing up....so the best you will probably get for a while is electronic. The NATEC site will give you the up to date NATOPS and there is a link somewhere that has all the FTI's (though I cant vouch for their currency).

Literally everyone I have talked to has said to not study in advance of classing.....right down to the sim instructors themselves. I have personally browsed the NATOPS a few times just out of curiosity, but nothing meaningful as of yet.

Ducky

Formerly SNA2007
pilot
Contributor
Don't stress. Honestly any time spent studying prior to classing up will not put you ahead by much if any. The gouge is good, and you will get that when you get here. The time alotted in ground school is more than enough time to learn the systems. The briefs here are not like primary briefs and perfomance in the jet trumps all other aspects.

All of the pubs can be found in PDF format on www.airwarrior.net

Many of them are "lesson guides" which are nothing more than the powerpoints you will see in class. Some are FTIs

Hope it helps, but be sure to enjoy the time off.

Most importantly welcome and congrats on getting jets!

hobiesailor13

pilot
This thread needs only one response, don't waste your time. Rumor is if you walk into a local office supply store located next to a shoe store, walk straight back to the copy counter and ask for the pilot gouge, the clerk will hand you a professionally bound and covered packet of papers that will get your through ground school in exchange for about $15. If you study nothing but what is in that packet, especially the most current versions of the gouge, you will pass with a 90 or better. Usually when you start ground school, that will be included in the first day of briefs "If you don't have the gouge, go get it." Combine that with the fact that no one cares about your ground school grades, only how you can fly, and you will realize you should spend your free time at Your Place, or better yet get out of Meridian as much as possible.

flyboy833

That about clears it up for me... "Enjoy the time and don't worry about ground school." It's good to see that things will be more straight forward than Primary. Thanks.