• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-44 Cockpit Pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Any of you guys in advanced right now got any pics of the new glass cockpit for the T-44? Has that program started? When i went through about two years ago they were talking about it extensively, saying it was right around the bend...well, i didn't swallow that whole! But anyhow, any y'all got the gouge on it, i'm really curious how it'll work!

tlwaltz

T-44 Glass Cockpit

Two of the aircraft are currently at the facility being modified, and are supposed to be finished early July. We don't have any aircraft configured yet but as soon as the first two aircraft arrive the instructors say it will be about 6 months before they start running people through the sylabus. Apparently the sims will be the las thing to be modified because it will take the longest amount of time. While the sims are down people doing CPT's will actually do them in an airplane that will be specially configured in the hangar. So right now there is no glass cockpit, but you could probably consider it right around the corner.

Pcola04/30

Professional Michigan Hater
pilot
Word on the street(from the sim instructors) is that the first sim being upgraded wont be back until Feb(they are already working on it). This guy echoed the above post, in that the plane will be ready before the sim. Sooo the first plane should be ready some time this year. VT-31 O-country has been having meetings on this pretty regularly, dosent seem to be all that far off. I will post a pic if the plane shows up before I get out of here.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Honest question:

Why go glass panel when P-3s are steam gauges? Is this to get ready for the MMA (P-8?)?

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not all P-3s use "steam gauges" for instruments. Every squadron has a few birds with Electronic Flight Display Systems. Keep in mind not all T-44 guys are going P-3s anyway.

edit: here's a pic, featuring yours truly, sort of. I bet Machine has a better one, but until he (or someone else) posts one, this gives you an idea.

Attachments

• roth low rider.JPG
    roth low rider.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 324

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
zab1001 said:
Not all P-3s use "steam gauges" for instruments. Every squadron has a few birds with Electronic Flight Display Systems.

Oh ok, cool. I didn't know that. Thanks.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's not like it's a huge leap just to go from an analog BDHI to a digital HSI or attitude display. Same general principles apply.

Brett

Status
Not open for further replies.