• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-34C Now Available for Flight Sim X

gotta_fly

pilot
Okay, so I know I'm a nerd, but I think this is pretty cool. Alphasim has released a T-34C for about $35 USD and it looks pretty cool. From their website:

New addition to the USA section - the T-34C Turbo Mentor ! AlphaSim's T-34C has been built as always to showcase both RealGauge technology and FSX visual effects, but in this case also to demonstrate the extent to which the cockpit systems of a light aircraft can be replicated in the sim. In fact, the model has been put together as a proposed training aid for the US Navy - Ensigns current on the type assisted with the development of the project, maximum realism is assured. All the usual and expected systems are replicated (in accordance with the T-34 Operator's Manual), however several highly innovative features (which inhibit normal operation and can even cause visible damage if procedures are not followed) are also included. Reading the (160 page, detailed, illustrated .pdf format) manual on this one is essential - there are several unique and realistic surprises in store for those who do not pay attention ! One special feature is the ability to use the blind-flying hood for IFR training. AlphaSim's VLE system (Visual Load Editor) is used to toggle pilots, wheel chocks, canopy and exhaust coverings and the blind-flying hood. Night lighting is also taken care of, both the usual flood as well as separate instrument lighting is present. The rear cockpit is modelled as fully as the front, so FSX users will be able to replicate true instructor-pilot on-line flying. SIX accurate, high-definition texture sets are supplied, all with custom specular maps as well as amazing bump-mapping of the rivets and other prominent features. A 'lite' model version is included which lacks the rear cockpit for those who do not want to use the rear cockpit and maximise the FPS on lower-end systems. A Turbine Sounds Studios FSX-specific soundset provides the typical turboprop howl. Flight dynamics of course match the published specs and were approved by our US Navy pilot friends who beta-tested the model extensively. We think this model sets a new benchmark in systems modelling for light aircraft, to the extent that it could conceivably benefit a real-world student pilot. This level of accuracy and innovation is now the standard we will provide with all future releases.

T-34C_2.jpg

Bevo16

pilot
Ugh. The takeoff under the bag. I have never been air-sick, but that little evolution got me pretty close.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
When the hell do you have the bag on, on takeoff? Is that an IUT thing? I used the bag in the AIR only about half the damn time due to shitty weather anyway.

And does FSX simulate the canopy spontaneously opening and sucking the bag out the side? :D

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
When the hell do you have the bag on, on takeoff? Is that an IUT thing?

No. The only time a bag up on takeoff is "required" is when you get your Special instrument check, and even then, it's dependent on the SOP.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
we all know flight sim x can't duplicate the shittiness of the turbo weenie. been over this multiple times. youd do better getting a toilet plunger, sitting on your toilet seat with said plunger in front of you, painting broken gauges on the wall in front of you, and then try to figure out where you are with a compass and a needle spinning aimlessly around a point.

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
T-34C_5.jpg

When is TW-5 going to paint em like 101? I think it goes nice with the Alabama scenery.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
we all know flight sim x can't duplicate the shittiness of the turbo weenie. been over this multiple times. youd do better getting a toilet plunger, sitting on your toilet seat with said plunger in front of you, painting broken gauges on the wall in front of you, and then try to figure out where you are with a compass and a needle spinning aimlessly around a point.

So, are you joking or just educating us w/ all your T-34 experience?

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
just joking gatordev. i'll take a swipe at the 34 any chance I can get; it's mostly just jealousy because while the planes are old as balls, and the t-6 was money, the navy studs at navy training have the life.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
just joking gatordev. i'll take a swipe at the 34 any chance I can get; it's mostly just jealousy because while the planes are old as balls, and the t-6 was money, the navy studs at navy training have the life.

I figured, especially since there was a recent thread.