• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Youtubers

WorldWar33.3

Hey AirWarriors and SWOrriors

Do any of you know of any Youtube vloggers who make videos about their day-to-day or past experiences as a SWO?

C.W. Lemoine and Hasard Lee make educational videos about the daily life of fighter pilots.
Nicky MGTV and JTSuits make educational videos about the daily life of enlisted sailors.
???????????????? ----> daily life of SWOs.

I am fascinated by the genuine posts SWOs have written here and on Reddit. Some love the job, some hate the job. It seems like a hell of a grind to say the least.

As a visual learner, I find Youtube to be a useful platform in learning about the Navy. However, the Navy posts too many sugar-coated videos of SWOs that seem too good to be true. I'm more interested in preparing for the real life challenges I may encounter if I become a SWO.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Go stand on your front porch in the middle of the night with some binoculars and some surly teens from the neighborhood. Occasionally reverify the position of various objects (trees, neighbor's house, etc). After 3-4hrs of this go to breakfast with a random collection of social misfits. Only shower/use the bathroom in truck stops.

It's like that. But on a boat.

PontusPilot

Contributor
Hey AirWarriors and SWOrriors

Do any of you know of any Youtube vloggers who make videos about their day-to-day or past experiences as a SWO?

C.W. Lemoine and Hasard Lee make educational videos about the daily life of fighter pilots.
Nicky MGTV and JTSuits make educational videos about the daily life of enlisted sailors.
???????????????? ----> daily life of SWOs.

I am fascinated by the genuine posts SWOs have written here and on Reddit. Some love the job, some hate the job. It seems like a hell of a grind to say the least.

As a visual learner, I find Youtube to be a useful platform in learning about the Navy. However, the Navy posts too many sugar-coated videos of SWOs that seem too good to be true. I'm more interested in preparing for the real life challenges I may encounter if I become a SWO.
There were a few, but all of them seem to have to take down their youtube. I wanna say the biggest one was named SWO dave or something like that. They document progress up to leaving for OCS, then after they are done with OCS the channel gets taken down.

WorldWar33.3

Go stand on your front porch in the middle of the night with some binoculars and some surly teens from the neighborhood. Occasionally reverify the position of various objects (trees, neighbor's house, etc). After 3-4hrs of this go to breakfast with a random collection of social misfits.

Jeez. No love for SWOs, huh? Sounds like the life of a glorified Peeping Tom... On a boat.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Jeez. No love for SWOs, huh? Sounds like the life of a glorified Peeping Tom... On a boat.

Why would you expect any love for SWOs on an aviator's forum? What do SWOs say about aviators? (BTW- SWOs lie about aviators- every SWO would trade places in a heartbeat, but I've never met a Pilot/NFO/Aircrew who would give up their job to be a SWO.)

WorldWar33.3

Don't get me wrong, aviation (Pilot/NFO) is still on the top of my list. But I don't know enough about Surface Warfare to completely knock it.