• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO vs. Intel?

bigtx03

I've gone back and forth trying to decide between the two and would love some feedback from anyone who is willing to give it. I believe that my longterm goals are related to the intelligence community at large, however, I don't feel like I know enough about either community (SWO or intel) to really be able to make a clear decision. From my understanding, SWO might offer more leadership opportunities than Intel and I could see more of the world. (I could be completely misled with this assumption) But intel might be the only path towards working for a three letter down the road? (Again, I could be completely misled there.)

So my question is, SWO vs. Intel - what are the pros/cons? I prefer to work with others and problem solve, if that helps anyone. (-:

Thank you in advance!

CWO_change

There's some good threads on what to expect from both communities within this forum, but I'll just add that Intel officers have plenty of opportunities to "see the world," either as a part of a squadron, ship's company, or just shore-based duty stations.

exNavyOffRec

I've gone back and forth trying to decide between the two and would love some feedback from anyone who is willing to give it. I believe that my longterm goals are related to the intelligence community at large, however, I don't feel like I know enough about either community (SWO or intel) to really be able to make a clear decision. From my understanding, SWO might offer more leadership opportunities than Intel and I could see more of the world. (I could be completely misled with this assumption) But intel might be the only path towards working for a three letter down the road? (Again, I could be completely misled there.)

So my question is, SWO vs. Intel - what are the pros/cons? I prefer to work with others and problem solve, if that helps anyone. (-:

Thank you in advance!
IWC is very competitive.

Each time I am at a career fair and the FBI or CIA is there we chat, they say the same thing each career fair, they want people with tech degrees, that doesn't mean if you don't have a tech degree you won't get hired, but as they said those who apply with non-tech degrees are a dime a dozen.