• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Package needs additional review by Community Manager

heidibaschnagel

Hi everyone,
I recently submitted my completed SWO package for the 4/11 board. My recruiter told me that because we routed two waivers the approval goes a step higher than just the Navy Recruiting Command and goes up to the Community Manager itself and now it will be reviewed in August. Does anyone know what this means? And if my odds of acceptance are any less?

exNavyOffRec

Hi everyone,
I recently submitted my completed SWO package for the 4/11 board. My recruiter told me that because we routed two waivers the approval goes a step higher than just the Navy Recruiting Command and goes up to the Community Manager itself and now it will be reviewed in August. Does anyone know what this means? And if my odds of acceptance are any less?
First what do you mean by "recently" the board deadline is about a month prior to the board.

In most cases waivers are approved and they let the board decide if they will overlook the waiver issue or not.

Yes your odds of acceptance could be less depending on what the waiver is for, GPA and age are things they will ding you on.

heidibaschnagel

First what do you mean by "recently" the board deadline is about a month prior to the board.

In most cases waivers are approved and they let the board decide if they will overlook the waiver issue or not.

Yes your odds of acceptance could be less depending on what the waiver is for, GPA and age are things they will ding you on.
Hi,
Recent as on I completed and submitted everything on March 11 and the actual board was on April 11th.

And yes, one of my waiver is for age, the other is for the OAR score. Everything else seems favorable (competitive GPA, great letters of recommendation, etc).

I appreciate your information!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hi everyone,

All waivers are reviewed by the SWO community manager.

Without knowing more details, politely ask your recruiter for clarity. There could be some missing details not mentioned that can help you out.

exNavyOffRec

Hi,
Recent as on I completed and submitted everything on March 11 and the actual board was on April 11th.

And yes, one of my waiver is for age, the other is for the OAR score. Everything else seems favorable (competitive GPA, great letters of recommendation, etc).

I appreciate your information!
If you submitted everything on March 11th which is the deadline I wouldn't have expected you to make the board, the NRD has to submit by COB March 11th and when you give it to your recruiter it stills needs to be routed through the NRD for approval.

padre

My recruiter told me he wouldn't put me in because two waivers wasn't going to be competitive (I'm 1 year too old and have 2 years too many time in service) but he might just not want to do the work for me.

exNavyOffRec

My recruiter told me he wouldn't put me in because two waivers wasn't going to be competitive (I'm 1 year too old and have 2 years too many time in service) but he might just not want to do the work for me.
Possible, but if you desire to apply for SWO it is his job to submit you, he has no choice if you meet the requirements and waiver requirements of the PA.

heidibaschnagel

Hi, thank you for your answer! I did speak with my recruiter yesterday and he basically told me that it was 50/50, I had the two waivers so it automatically got sent back to the next round of boards in August. He said I could get additional LOR, revise my statement, and take the OAR again if I wanted to strengthen my packet. Otherwise I just wait.

exNavyOffRec

Hi, thank you for your answer! I did speak with my recruiter yesterday and he basically told me that it was 50/50, I had the two waivers so it automatically got sent back to the next round of boards in August. He said I could get additional LOR, revise my statement, and take the OAR again if I wanted to strengthen my packet. Otherwise I just wait.
To do that you would essentially "lose your place in line", unless you have something substantial like finishing a Masters degree before then none of those other items will matter really.

heidibaschnagel

I have my masters and a good GPA average, but an age and oar waiver. From what I understand it seems that it was just pushed back into the pool of applicants.

padre

Possible, but if you desire to apply for SWO it is his job to submit you, he has no choice if you meet the requirements and waiver requirements of the PA.
I'm afraid to push it since I already made a second attempt to get him to do it. I worry insisting might make him just want to ignore me entirely.