• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Non-Attainment Letter?

supadupacool

Does anyone know what happens if you receive the SWO Non-Attainment letter from not being able to get the coveted SWO pin? :eek:

I'm at risk because I'm past my 18 month point, captain has written an extension letter for 6 months. Oh and by the way I have my OOD letter as well. If anyone can offer any insight it would be highly appreciated. Thanks

-supadupa

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Work harder? Get your SWO pin? I'll let Steve chime in here, unless there are extenuating (sp) circumstances that you haven't mentioned...the answer is work harder...as it is with many of these things in life.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
Does anyone know what happens if you receive the SWO Non-Attainment letter from not being able to get the coveted SWO pin? :eek:

I'm at risk because I'm past my 18 month point, captain has written an extension letter for 6 months. Oh and by the way I have my OOD letter as well. If anyone can offer any insight it would be highly appreciated. Thanks

-supadupa

Just trying to help a brotha out, but I would probably ask that question either in a PM to Left Eye Lewie or on a SWO forum like sailorbob.com.

phrogpilot73

-supadupa

PM Sent.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

-supadupa
To be honest, I've only seen two officers not get their SWO qual. But neither of them were able to qualify as OOD though. Both of these individuals were several years ago...back in 2002. I don't know what they're doing anymore with non-attainments....sending them NFO maybe?

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
just get qualified bro....life will be mo bettah afterwards. The fact that your skipper gave you the extension should be a message that he wants to keep you around.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The fact that your skipper gave you the extension should be a message that he wants to keep you around.
Not necessarily. SWO qualification is part of the metric data for a CO's fitrep. While the CO may genuinely want to give the guy another 6 months to get the qual (and he probably does), there other factors sometimes a play that influence these non-attainment letters. BUPERS may have a role and the CO's ISIC may have something to say about it too. The fact that he qual'd OOD indicates to me that the CO has confidence in him. If not, the CO would never have given him the keys to the car.