• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Leather Jacket

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Looks like the SWOs get a leather jacket. Too bad wash khakis aren’t a thing anymore. Then again, SWOs never really do look cool anyways.

Goodfou

Was about to post this myself...of note,“Ashore, may be worn with service uniform only.”

CAMike

None
Contributor
Popped Collars and Izod Golf shirts are no bueno with the jacket? Got it.
OPNAVINST 10126.5 doesn't even address the positioning if the kevlar anti-edged weapon plate between the shoulder blades. Have XO's and DH's been instructed not to stab JO's any longer?
For God's sake just bring back the Dress Khaki's for SWO's!

taxi1

pilot
I always thought if I was a SWO CO, I'd be sending my JOs all over the place with the small craft to give them some command at sea time. Lunch at Harborfest, crabbing up an estuary, at-sea paintball battles against the JOs from that rusty piece of crap two piers down, etc. Get some swagger. And probably a CoC without a band.

CAMike

None
Contributor
Do you really want to know why SWO's do such painful stuff to each other and to ourselves.
Not completely by tradition, but also because it feels so darn good when we stop.