• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Swo/ip

ddeg3c

Thank you for all your help. Its great that commanders will even take the time to answer our questions even though we haven't even done anything except put i a book of an application.

Thank you to all who helped.

SWO Bubba

None
No problem, we just have to sit through "recruiting" briefs every week in ROTC and it's always the same thing (SWO, SWO, SWO). They can't get enough guys, or seem to keep them around long enough to command something.

Plus, I've just never heard the "what % get SWO" question from a positive viewpoint. I thought it was neat.

The perception you mention that exists at your unit is as misguided as saying the STA-21 program produces nothing but crappy, disgruntled, prior-enlisted Officers. The SWO community definitely gets enough Officers each year and of course we keep many around to Command. Screening rates for SWO command average around 40%, so there are many more SWOs that strive for Command than get it.

Surfacewarrior

I am a SWO/IP but I am having trouble finding the answer to my lateral transfer question. I am comissioned, but it doesnt state anywhere in my OMPF any other file other than the service agreement that I signed (which isn't in my OMPF) that I am SWO/IP. I am currently designated as an 1160 in my statement of service. Shouldi t read 1160/1600? I have been told that it is normal by someone who was a SWO/IP and that once I become SWO qualified I just need to be released by the SWO detailer and gained by the IP detailer. Does anyone have any insight? Please let me know. Thanks.

SWO Bubba

None
Call your SWO detailer at PERS-41. You should be on their radar. If that doesn't get you anywhere then call the IP detailer. You need to contact them soon anyway, the IP detailer will change your designator and write orders for you of the ship.

Your designator will be 1160 until SWO qualed, should ctually turn to 1110 for a short bit and then finally go to your IP designator once you officially go IP.

PM me if you have any other questions.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Surfacewarrior

Call your SWO detailer at PERS-41. You should be on their radar. If that doesn't get you anywhere then call the IP detailer. You need to contact them soon anyway, the IP detailer will change your designator and write orders for you of the ship.

Your designator will be 1160 until SWO qualed, should ctually turn to 1110 for a short bit and then finally go to your IP designator once you officially go IP.

PM me if you have any other questions.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks SWO Bubba! Ill reach out to them and see what happens. Thanks again!

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
Some good info here. Im hoping to get selected for the SWO(IP) STA-21 option this year. Its tough explaining this career path to most of the Senior aviation Os during my boards. They say that the SWO life is tough yet it is a very competitive environment, which should suit me well.

SWO Bubba

None
Some good info here. Im hoping to get selected for the SWO(IP) STA-21 option this year. Its tough explaining this career path to most of the Senior aviation Os during my boards. They say that the SWO life is tough yet it is a very competitive environment, which should suit me well.

It's is no less competitive than aviators at the O-4 level and up. The SWO career path is extremely rewarding as well. In the end, it all comes down to doing what you love.

BackOrdered

Contributor
It's is no less competitive than aviators at the O-4 level and up. The SWO career path is extremely rewarding as well. In the end, it all comes down to doing what you love.

I believe he is referring to the SWO initial tours where being the "1of 8 Ensign, first to qualify" can bring the "war faces" out.

McHale's Navy

sighted nothing..sank same.
Can I PM a SWO for advice? I've been turned down twice and trying to figure out if there are any other options.