• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Interview

Beefalo

Hello I am active duty enlisted with eight years in putting in for OCS. I have my chit up the COC however I am stationed in Pensacola and am thinking I might have a hard time obtaining an interview in this designator. Can anybody in the community provide any local contacts? The closest SWO I can think to find would be in Mayport which would be a very long drive. Thank you.

exNavyOffRec

Hello I am active duty enlisted with eight years in putting in for OCS. I have my chit up the COC however I am stationed in Pensacola and am thinking I might have a hard time obtaining an interview in this designator. Can anybody in the community provide any local contacts? The closest SWO I can think to find would be in Mayport which would be a very long drive. Thank you.

Go to NRC's recruiting orientation unit down there, they have many officers that go through there, including SWO's from LT's to CDR's, some to be OR's and some going into the CO/XO pipeline.

Beefalo

Thank you. I see the enlisted NORU students down here alot didnt know they did officers down here to.

Beefalo

Well no luck. I have to basically turn in my package by Jan 7 to be eligible for SWO-IW and SWO. My CCC didnt have much luck. I will be on leave in the Everett, WA area until Jan 3. If there are any SWOs who have any contacts there please let me know. I would post on sailorbob but it seems like all the forums are for active duty SWOS.

Renegade One

None
Aren't there still a whole bunch of "A" Schools and "other staffs" in P-Cola that would have SWOs on staff? Might just be time to walk the hallways, hang out at the Exchange...you get the idea. Local NROTC Units? Local Reserve Centers?

Beefalo

They are mostly aviation LDO types. If I was eligible for SNA/SNFO I'd have my interviews done in half a day :D being in pcola.

The Officers with SWO pins I have seen down here are LDO and not SWO. Finding an actual 1110 SWO is difficult down here. I will probably submit my package and ask for a waiver for the SWO interview. Dont know if it will fly but cant hurt.

BigRed389

None
They are mostly aviation LDO types. If I was eligible for SNA/SNFO I'd have my interviews done in half a day :D being in pcola.

The Officers with SWO pins I have seen down here are LDO and not SWO. Finding an actual 1110 SWO is difficult down here. I will probably submit my package and ask for a waiver for the SWO interview. Dont know if it will fly but cant hurt.

No reason you can't post a request on sailorbob...it's a very senior crowd, but they're usually pretty helpful with requests like that.

If you really don't want to go that route, you could always directly ping ships homeported there, I guarantee there will be plenty of bored CDOs and JO's standing duties over the holidays.

I'd help, but everyone I knew in Everett has moved on.