• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

swo forums?

DSL1990

VMI Cadet 4/c, MIDN 4/c
it works for me also. that's a great site too! lots of good SWO gouge, along with lots of other things.

have you tried googling the site or just typing it in manually?

sailorbobs never got back to me.. the registration process asks for rank, and it appears that the forum is for people already through OCS..not potential SWOs. :banghead_

maybe it determined i am a bad person or something because i think i am blocked. i've tried by clicking on the link above. and tried googling it too. can't access the site any way i try.

would you mind finding an email address for an administrator on usnavyocs.com so i can ask them how to access it?

xgrafcorex

I'm a candidate, and I'm on SB. Just select "Midshipman" as your rank and state in your bio or whatever that you're a candidate. It's really for officers, but if you read over what they talk about, you can learn a lot. It's a great resource, there are just not that many mids/OCs on it, and there are a LOT of senior officers - and the "feel" of the site, at least from this candidate's perspective, is a little more formal as a result.

ahh ok..i'll have to resubmit my application maybe. it's been a while and haven't heard any word yet.

DSL1990: webmaster@ocsfoundation.com is the email address that comes up when i click Contact us. good luck! it's a great site.

edit..oh yea, and if you register, post in the introduction section first thing and give a little info about yourself. seems they have a strict rule about doing that before posting all around the forum.

BigRed389

None
SB- not the most JO/wannabe friendly site. Not that they're unfriendly, just that they talk shop, which is pretty much a foreign language to the uninitiated. That and since most are O-3+, they've all drank the SWO Kool-Aid.

OCS Website- too many "rules" on posting, introduction rules, freaking out about whether they'll pass the sit and reach at OCS.

AW - Dammit, why do aviators get the best of everything?

xgrafcorex

OCS Website- too many "rules" on posting, introduction rules, freaking out about whether they'll pass the sit and reach at OCS.

i'm guessing this is a bit tongue in cheek, but to be honest there really aren't all that many rules. the only ones i know of that aren't the same as several other forums i frequent are: 1. post an introduction first. 2. type properly..ie: "this isn't myspace."

the intros don't have to be long, and i find it a relief to find a place online that isn't full of "lol, wtf, lmao, roflmao, etc." :icon_tong

not sure that i've seen anyone mention the sit and reach yet. ;) maybe i should run a search.

i'd have to recommend that site over this one for SWOs at least. the problem is, you can't just lurk there.. you have to register to see the info.

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
SB- not the most JO/wannabe friendly site. Not that they're unfriendly, just that they talk shop, which is pretty much a foreign language to the uninitiated. That and since most are O-3+, they've all drank the SWO Kool-Aid.

True but you owe it to yourself to read some of the best threads there. My personal favorite was the CO Stories thread.

Sailor Bob

None
You have to select a rank or the app will get deleted pretty much automatically. If you are an OC just select "MIDN" it is no big deal . . . there are several guys from other communities that are on there all the time and it is not a prob.

navy09

None
SB is a cool site- you can look around there and learn a ton about the community, though a lot of it is hard to understand if you're not a SWO.

Like was already mentioned, it's a lot more senior- the average rank on most threads is like O4. The 'advice' posts are more along the lines of, "Where should I go for my second DH tour?" than "What high school math classes should I take to be a SWO."

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
i'm not. i'm just worried about my anthro (sort of the opposite problem that males sometimes have with anthro!). and wondering if i DQ because of anthro, whether i'd want to fall back to SNFO or choose something else entirely (like SWO).

i'm hoping this is only a theoretical interest in swo
es

This shouldn't even cross your mind (going outside of aviation). I've gotten a glimpse into the SWO world...it's dark.....and scary. Why go away from a community where you KNOW you'll have fun?

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm an SB member and I enjoy the website as it has taught me things about the SWO community that I don't know if I'd get elsewhere. Edumacation about Navy topics is always a good thing.

nvrg1vup

This shouldn't even cross your mind (going outside of aviation). I've gotten a glimpse into the SWO world...it's dark.....and scary. Why go away from a community where you KNOW you'll have fun?

People may go SWO after hearing about that new GI Bill or to get out early.