• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Divo Tours

zoeth

Over 9000
Hi everyone, I wanted to know if it was possible to do both divo tours in Norfolk. After OCS I plan on selecting Norfolk so my fiancé can be close to her family. Thanks!
You choose ship selection at OCS. There should be PLENTY of Norfolk options. When you slate you can set your preferences in any order (no guarantee whatsoever however) and those are Location, Platform, Job. If location is priority put that first, but you could get a job you hate such as ADCA on a platform you have such as DDG. A good option would be to attempt to fleet up for your second tour, if you get a first tour in a location you want. There are sooo many variables, count on nothing.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
You choose ship selection at OCS. There should be PLENTY of Norfolk options. When you slate you can set your preferences in any order (no guarantee whatsoever however) and those are Location, Platform, Job. If location is priority put that first, but you could get a job you hate such as ADCA on a platform you have such as DDG. A good option would be to attempt to fleet up for your second tour, if you get a first tour in a location you want. There are sooo many variables, count on nothing.

Whatever happened to R-DIVO? Is it now called Assistant DCA?

zoeth

Over 9000
Sorry Ruffio, should have explained more, for big decks PA's run most of the divisions and they all have 'assistants' such as the DCA (LCDR) has an ADCA (LT) and the ELECTRO (CW04) has an assistant (LTJG) etc etc. R DIV on this LHD has 3 Divos and the DCA. Lowest rank DH is a LCDR (deck) all other DH are O5.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor

Depends on the ship. Gators (LPDs and LSDs) have a Warrant for a DCA and a 2nd Tour Divo JG-type as ADCA. The way my buddies explained it, they did all of the paperwork and boring DivO stuff while DCA stood EOOW, drank coffee, and stole snacks from the Chiefs' Mess.

Small Boys have a 2nd Tour DCA and usually an over-abundance of ensigns so usually an ensign gets sent to Repair Division as R-DIVO so he can do all of the paperwork and normal Divo stuff while DCA stands EOOW, runs DC drills, and gets yelled at by XO and CHENG.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Depends on the ship. Gators (LPDs and LSDs) have a Warrant for a DCA and a 2nd Tour Divo JG-type as ADCA. The way my buddies explained it, they did all of the paperwork and boring DivO stuff while DCA stood EOOW, drank coffee, and stole snacks from the Chiefs' Mess.

Small Boys have a 2nd Tour DCA and usually an over-abundance of ensigns so usually an ensign gets sent to Repair Division as R-DIVO so he can do all of the paperwork and normal Divo stuff while DCA stands EOOW, runs DC drills, and gets yelled at by XO and CHENG.

... and now I know. And knowing is half the battle!

exNavyOffRec

Sometimes the big decks get carried away with the title "assistant", one of my tours there was the PAO (LCDR), then there was the APAO (SCPO), then you have the LCPO (CPO), then the ALCPO (E-6), and the LPO (E-6) and of course the ALPO (E-5), then there were like a few other guys than didn't have titles, there were many of us that had a good laugh at what they had done.