• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

switching sqdns

uno

All,

Im currently in a Helo Squadron and it is getting decommissioned soon. I do have a bit of MEFW time. How hard would it be to switch over to a C-130, C-9, P-3 or even a F-18 Squadron in the reserves?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
uno said:
All,

Im currently in a Helo Squadron and it is getting decommissioned soon. I do have a bit of MEFW time. How hard would it be to switch over to a C-130, C-9, P-3 or even a F-18 Squadron in the reserves?
Uhhhhh .... perhaps I'm missing something ... but this doesn't quite "ring true." Your profile says "newly commissioned LT in the Navy Reserve (??) " .... and ... "Aviator" .... as in "flying" .... and you DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS ???? :)

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I don't understand. Your squadron is being decommissioned and you don't have orders to go somewhere else? They're kicking you to the curb? Are you in the reserves?

saltpeter

That P-3 thing sounds promising. What are you new? At least if your going to make up a lye about yourself to impress the ladies make it plausible.

uno

a little bit more

That is right I am a newly commissioned LT. I am a former Army guy with some helo and FW time. Yes Iam going into the reserve. Not making anything up.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
O.K. ... I believe you. I checked ... :) ... there is NO anonimity on the internet, yes ???

I don't think you have a snowball's chance in hell of transitioning to anything Navy fixed wing. The competition will bury you. You'd have to go to flight school.

Ain't gonna happen.

Helos? Maybe .... probably not ... you should have gone into the Marine Reserve ... Yuma. :)

uno

I already have a flying billet with one of the new HSC squadrons and I am a qualified aviator. It seems that guys who are tansitioning to the new unit are kinda influx about going to other units and I was just was wondering what was out there on the fixed wing side.

McNamara

Copilot, actually.
pilot
uno said:
That is right I am a newly commissioned LT. I am a former Army guy with some helo and FW time. Yes Iam going into the reserve. Not making anything up.

Come over to the C-130 VR community. Our squadron has two reserve O-4s who transferred to the Navy from Army helo aviation. How much fixed multi time do you have?

VFA-203 Forever

So You Like To Put fishsticks in your mouth?
Uno,

Out of curiosity, What helo squadron is getting the axe?

Adam
"VFA-203 Forever"
-Go Gators! VMFA-142-

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
HCS-5. There's a whole Reseerve helo reorganization about to happen.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
O.K. ... I believe you. I checked ... :) ... there is NO anonimity on the internet, yes ???
Very true. I even know where you live out there in the west, down to your street address. :eek: