• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Switching OCS dates

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhollin1

So is this actually allowed? I heard somewhere that someone switched. I'm not accepted yet, but assuming I am does anyone want to go when I find out my OCS date? It will probably be sometime around 2008. jk I really don't want to wait till year-end 2003 to go. I'd like to go around Feb-March.

ghost_ttu

Yeah same here, but let's concentrate on the whole getting accepted part first. That tends to be the hardest part
icon_smile_wink.gif

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

ryan77

Switching is very difficult unless you know someone with the same designation who wants to swap or you have a great justification to move your date up. Not wanting to wait around isn't one of these.

I recently submitted a request for an earlier date so I'll let you know if it works. Recruiters like to oversell the chances of moving up. Some people are lucky enough to make it work but my odds are low.

ghost_ttu

Nope, I've been waiting almost two weeks, I'm told that I will hear something next week.

rhollin1

Well, I'll be 28 next month. Seems like everyone getting in lately is going Aug-Sept '03. I can't do that seeing that I will not get my commission in time. So I would assume that they would allow for the 13 weeks and then maybe allow for another 8 weeks just in case I roll back. What do you guys think?

ryan77

If you're pushing age limits for your designator, they make sure you class up at an appropriate time. It seems like additional slots magically appear sometimes for outstanding candidates if they really want to get you to Pensacola quickly. Good luck.

ghost_ttu

they would hurry you into a class, it is a little different. But if you are already 28 with no prior then you have already passed the age for pilot, but you could go for NFO. If you have prior that is different.

rhollin1

I have family reasons as to why I need to get in sooner. A lot of guys and gals going are single. I am married with two daughters. I am just praying that (if I get accepted) someone will want/need to switch dates with me.

Pain...is weakness leaving the body

Status
Not open for further replies.