• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Swim test

cv2000

Still waiting on COMDOCs... my recruiter said the scrolls are later than usual so it's still the big wait. She did tell me that I'm going to get a NOSC Kitsap billet, so at least I know where I'll eventually be drilling!

Everything is finally in and I am just waiting on COMDOCS. Has anyone been preparing for the survival swim test? They won't let me attempt it at the YMCA where I go, I guess inflating pants in a pool is too dangerous.

dephyler

Contributor
Has anyone been preparing for the survival swim test? They won't let me attempt it at the YMCA where I go, I guess inflating pants in a pool is too dangerous.

I wouldn't bother. Even if you've never done that before, they teach you how in HUGE pants that make it really easy. I did it in scouts, but there were some people there that had never heard of the concept before, and they pulled it off. If you can't swim at all though, it's worth it to get some experience. Although getting out of PT every day for remedial swim class wouldn't be such a bad gig.

cv2000

I wouldn't bother. Even if you've never done that before, they teach you how in HUGE pants that make it really easy. I did it in scouts, but there were some people there that had never heard of the concept before, and they pulled it off. If you can't swim at all though, it's worth it to get some experience. Although getting out of PT every day for remedial swim class wouldn't be such a bad gig.

I have been working on my endurance when it comes to swimming. I learned to swim about 16 months ago when I started thinking about joining the Navy. PT is no problem I maxed pushups and situps on a regular basis but I have had to dedicate a lot of time to the swim.
I did not know they offered remedial swim instruction. I will keep working on my own so it is not an issue though.