• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Survey says...?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
If that were the case my flight time would be double from all the FCF ground turns.
ANYTIME = Civie street -- civilian. 'Anytime' the engine is running, you're getting paid. I know the NAVY is takeoff to landing ... we (fast movers) always used to come up 'short' in the logbook department against the Air Force/civilian competition when rushing the airlines ... unless we were VP drivers :)D).

I think the Air Force used to count 'clock time' for total flight time ... ??? Or at least they counted taxi time ??? I don't remember what they did specifically, but I DO know their jet jocks got more 'time' for the same hop that we flew w/ 'em when @ Nellis, Luke/Willie, Tyndall, Homestead, etc., etc. ...

I think the main difference between military and civilian 'time counting' towards logbook totals may lie in the fact that in civie-land you're either paying for it ($$$) or getting paid for it ($$$) ANYTIME the 'clock' is running ...

Now the military ... ??? ... You're a monthly salaried employee, not an hourly wage worker like those poor schmucks in the airlines ... :D

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
IMO, Hotseating the OCF flights should only be done to facilitate winging pushes, the second stud usually gets hurried through at the 25 dme line, doesn't get to feel/monkey with the jet in flats/roller/BTX type stuff. CQ-2x at homefield/hotswitch@OLF doesn't really make much sense (checking to make sure kid can get to/from outlying field alone...)

Unfortunatelly, the Navy's new motto: "Semper Magis per Minor" rules.

How do you define a "flight"?

3710. Not only that, how many yellowsheets do you fill out? Answer one per flight....one with new student.

The wording in SOP is the key. It states 3 "flights".
This is more OPS/Scheduling issue. SOP has it right, OPS/Skeds are trying to make wheel rounder. Yes the CO/Commadore have every right to waive this SOP limit, but not sure how that would look god for bit something went wrong. And quite frankly, if I was that IP, I would be very suspect of that waiver and policy because bottom line it would all fall on IP at end of the long green table.

I am assuming the OCF hotseats are done on E-2/C-2 students? If hotseating TS student, need to seriously rethink that policy. TS student misses out on invaluable demo/do in preparation for ACM. E2/C2 student you can easily hot seat and get required events out...but they miss out on extra landing practice which HAS ALWAYS been sore subject because of how tight they are on getting min's for CQ.

If reason for "double pumping" (yeh yeh I used that word) is to better manage time because I know that OCF brief is long for only 30-50 min hop, then why not use a "mass brief" with more IP's and SNA's rather then current situation?

MasterBates

BK.. Stop bringing logic into this..

I remember my OCFs took FOREVER to do because of Wx and the location of the SPIN-1 and SPIN-2 areas.. (Realitos/Falfurrias would be clear and a million, Spin-1 would be dogshit)

BK.. Stop bringing logic into this..

I remember my OCFs took FOREVER to do because of Wx and the location of the SPIN-1 and SPIN-2 areas.. (Realitos/Falfurrias would be clear and a million, Spin-1 would be dogshit)

Logic is the art of going wrong with confidence :D