• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Supply School

SkyH

My fiancé is going to OCS soon. We went yesterday to his recruiter so he could swear in.
During that time, his recruiter told us that I will not be able to go with him to Rhode Island for his follow on supply school. He said that even as an officer he would be under curfew and have to stay on base regardless of if we are married. I was under the impression that I could go with him and live off base.
I couldn’t find up to date info so I figured I would ask here.

Meyerkord

pilot
None of that is true. You can definitely go with him and he is not required to live on base.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
You can most certainly live off base, many of the AD BQC students did when I was there (RC). There is also another thread discussing this same topic.

To answer the couple of questions as someone who went through the training pipeline last year: 1) Yes, you receive BAH for your rank and dependents-status and live off base - none of the students live on base. And, 2) those with families were able to travel with them on their orders.

Link to thread

exNavyOffRec

My fiancé is going to OCS soon. We went yesterday to his recruiter so he could swear in.
During that time, his recruiter told us that I will not be able to go with him to Rhode Island for his follow on supply school. He said that even as an officer he would be under curfew and have to stay on base regardless of if we are married. I was under the impression that I could go with him and live off base.
I couldn’t find up to date info so I figured I would ask here.

I am willing to bet that the recruiter is enlisted and didn't bother to find the correct answer so just gave the answer that is given to those going enlisted.

SkyH

Thank you for the answers! I didn’t think it sounded right when the recruiter said it. I know it’s still a ways off but we were trying to get perspective on the entire situation.