• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"Supermanning"

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Article

Tragic..

For all of you -53 pilots out there, have you ever heard of this going on, or is it kept as hidden from y'all as the article makes it out to be?

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
I was on the FNAEB for the HAC...The article, ironically, is pretty accurate. The HAC and H2P didn't know what was going on and the crew didn't say crap until they realized he was going to fall.

I was also spinning in the helo on my way out to relieve the crew that finally recovered the body...

They found there was a bunch of other "maneuvers" that were performed as well...like "sponson surfing".

Very Tragic indeed.
~D

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I had never heard of it before it happened. It's really the biggest kick in the junk our community has ever had. Really casts a negative light on the 53 community and more horribly Naval Aviation.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
ChunksJR said:
I was on the FNAEB for the HAC...The article, ironically, is pretty accurate. The HAC and H2P didn't know what was going on and the crew didn't say crap until they realized he was going to fall.

I was also spinning in the helo on my way out to relieve the crew that finally recovered the body...

They found there was a bunch of other "maneuvers" that were performed as well...like "sponson surfing".

Very Tragic indeed.
~D
I love how the article concludes, "There is currently nothing expressly prohibiting Supermanning." I guess if you exclude common sense and a desire to continue living. I'll bet there's nothing in writing that expressly prohibits repeatedly plunging a philips head screwdriver into your neck, but the results are likely to be the same.

Idiots!

Brett

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I had never heard of it as well until that mishap. I've also since learned that COD aircrewman have a version of unstrapping for the cat shot, laying flat with their feet against the seats for the cat shot--calling it the superman. The aft seats can be laid flat for onloading/offloading cargo. If ever hear of one of my aircrew performing that bullshit in my plane (probably have in the past with my knowledge), I will hang them. Total lack of focking common sense :icon_rage