• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

strike pilots.. need some info

Status
Not open for further replies.

splendid_splinter

HMLA flyer
to jarhead, frumby and others with knowledge of the strike pipeline... how many strike pilots wear "tintless" shades when flying.. i have a right eye that has a favorite sport in football and a favorite movie in stigmata if you know what i mean.. just outta standards, but enough to earn some perscrippy raybans.. they gonna look at just my nss, or do other things get considered..

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
If the flight docs clear you all the way to pipeline selection, no one else is qualfied to dictate what you fly. If you have jet grades and the needs of the service say you go jets.....you go jets. There are quite a few four eyed warriors flying jets. Hell, 3 of the Blues wear spectacles. If you can convince the flight docs that's good enough. Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

ProwlerPilot

pilot
I wear "tintless" shades, it's the COOLEST! But seriously, I showed up in API 2 years ago with 20/30 in my left eye. They gave me glasses and sent me on my way. You have to wear them through primary, and then in advanced, (or at least in Meridian) you could get contacts if you wanted. It is no big deal. You might take a little flak for it from your perfect vision buddies, but it is no problem. I think that the cutoff for pilot was 20/40 correctable to 20/20, but I'm not positive on that. BTW, I got jets, and am flying Prowlers now (not actualyl flying them yet, watching them get fixed in the hanger!)

Status
Not open for further replies.