• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Still training EA-6?

vmijalapeno

Thump Thump Thump Thump...
None
Are they still sending NFO's to fly the EA-6 or are all new NFO's going directly to the EA-18? Still in IFS but still curious. Appreciate it.
-pb

RadicalDude

Social Justice Warlord
They're still running the EA-6B RAG up in Whidbey. Spots for the Prowler are fewer and far-er between each day however. Also, rumor at -86 is that they're transitioning some guys after wings, but before the RAG. cfam is in VAQ-129, and may have better data than I.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yep, they're definitely still sending NFOs up here for the prowler. I'm about halfway through the syllabus here, and nittany just finished it. No clue what your options will be though, considering you probably have (at least) a year and a half before you could potentially get to VT-86 and select VAQ.

bluesig1

sure thing
None
They're still running the EA-6B RAG up in Whidbey. Spots for the Prowler are fewer and far-er between each day however. Also, rumor at -86 is that they're transitioning some guys after wings, but before the RAG. cfam is in VAQ-129, and may have better data than I.

That is definitely a rumor. They haven't done that yet, especially since they want the Growler guys to have gone through the strike fighter portion. There are guys that have winged and are waiting for August Prowler Rag dates. But anything could happen I guess

Jamin'G

pilot
Not a rumor on the pilot side of the house, as four CAT 1 pilots that had never flown the Prowler just transitioned to Growler slots. So far, however, they haven't switched any EWOs.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The problem is that a Growler EWO needs to go through the Air-to-Air radar training at VT-86. At some point all Navy guys will go through the A-A syllabus, but it hasn't happened yet. Unlikely that the FRS will grab a Prowler guy straight from 86 and make him a Growler guy. Still a RUMOR for NFOs.

-ea6bflyr ;)