• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stick People

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisAg05

There are alot of posts here about losing weight, etc. What about us skinny people? I am 6'1" 150 lbs. I have never been able to gain any weight (I never really had a reason to need to until now). I think I will be good to go as far as the PFT, but I'm worried about PT once I get there.

People who have been: Were there many skinny guys there, and how did they fair? How important is having alot of muscle?

I can run really easily, but I'm afraid that might change if I start gaining alot of mass (not to mention that my pullups will be harder).

kevin

gouge off the prt, not who weighs what. you dont get to fight anyone in ocs so who cares about weight unless it's a personal thing for you. if it is....eat, lift, eat lift, eat sleep.

ChrisAg05

What I'm worried about is PT. What kind of activities do you do? Are they the kind that need big muscles, or just lean muscles?

Killer2

TRONS!
None
OCS at Jr's is RUN here RUN there. You are going to do a lot of running. Like Kevin said your not there to fight anybody. Before you go do the recommend PT program that OCS has on there site. I am 5'10" and 150lbs but you are 6'1" so you might want to put on some weight just because thats pretty thin.

kevin

no, i meant fighting, not playing with overgrown swabs.

chris: im not sure since i havent been to ocs, but from what i understand most people lose quite a bit of weight, so that might be the only concern where youd want to put on weight beforehand. but in terms of exercises, like i said, if you can do 100 pu in 2 minutes, who cares whether you weigh 150 or 250. that comes down to how strong you are for your size, not how strong you are compared to everyone else.

Killer2

TRONS!
None
Crowbar pugil sticks don't count on anything there but braging rights. I will clear this up I meant fighting as in putting you fist through the other guys skull.

Crowbar

None
Pull your heads out of wherever they are buried. I know pugil sticks isn't a graded event. But if you go up there with the attitude of "This won't count, just get it over with" or "playing with overgrown swabs" you stand a good chance of getting your clock cleaned.
"I meant fighting as in putting you fist through the other guys skull" should be the way you approach everything in life, be it pugil sticks, changing a flat tire, or cooking dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.