• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stick and Rudder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrenaline Rush

Hey just a question for all the vets who have been through the training... I know this is hard question to answer: What is the hardest part of the flight training,, being good at stick and rudder?? (also how bout flying in formation-looks really hard, and i wont even ask about carrier flying) or is it knowing the systems and the aircraft??? I guess what im getting at, is why people wash out, they can't handle the aircraft? or they can't get their systems down??

thanks for your time

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Systems and procedures by far. Sure, some guys are better sticks than others, but out of the people who don't finish, most of those DOR, and out of those who don't, a very small (like less than 5%) wash out because they aren't a good enough stick.

If your concern is that you aren't going to hack it in the cockpit, you're wasting your energy. I know you've been really trying weigh your options, which is good. But as long as you are prepared to study well, you have nothing to worry about, really.

Jack

Gotta agree with Devin on this one. The proceduers and the systems are the parts that bite most people. In my experience it has very little to do with someone's intelligence and much more to do with someone's study habits and self discipline. The material, while overwhelming in volume is not in itself all that difficult. Remember that Political Science majors get winged every month :)

The stick skills will come with practice. I had zero prior flight time when I began in the T-34 and within 20 months I had successfully completed carrier qualifications. Not boasting here, just showing you that the skills will come in time.

Naval Aviator, Prowlers.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Hey, Jack, what's up? I see your over in Washington now, huh...good deal. So, were you a Poli sci guy? jk. Have fun at Tailhook!

Edited by - gatordev on 08/25/2002 23:44:01

Valion310

Hoo Rhaaa Tailhookers! I'm a member, I want to go to Tailhook 2002, but I can't make it... Anyway, any other Tailhook memebers around?

"Valion310 inbound, FL 05 for 04 -"

Status
Not open for further replies.