• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Steps to BCDP

Fire17

I haven’t seen this on the forum yet, so I’m going to ask about the steps to make it into the BCDP.

What are the steps? I am attempting to find them but it is incredibly hard, this is what i have gathered:

1) Complete 30 credit hours and be accepted to a four year university
2) Contact Officer Recruiter
3) Take ASTB and select rate
4) Take PRT test
4) Keep above a 2.7 GPA
5) After graduation report to OCS

Am I anywhere close? I’m still unsure how prorec works with the BCDP. I understand that for the BCDP I would be paid as enlisted and if I DOR from OCS I would go in as an "undesignated" enlistee for two years... what if I don’t prorec for the job I want? Do I have to report to great lakes?

I’m interested in being a SWO, NFO, or Intel

Thanks for your help, I also have a few more specific questions but I figure I should wait until I contact my local OR.

BackOrdered

Contributor
In the current economy there is no shortage of OCS hopefuls and too small a budget to justify BDCP. Even when it existed, it was perhaps the most difficult accession program to get into just because of how absurdly great a deal it was.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
You can only get a pro-rec for designators you list on the application. If you don't want to accept a particular job, don't list it.

You don't get paid until you sign an enlistment contract. That means you can withdraw your application at any point up to then. The only penalty would be that your application stays on record, so you won't have good chances if you choose to reapply in the future.