• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

step by step instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam3x35

okay let me get this straight:

1- finish college.
2- take ASTB(no expceptions). oh what are the passing grads to be a pilot. and if i get lower, would i still have chance to be pilot.
3- OCS and join a squadern.

iam just nervouse from ASTB , i took AFOQT, i passed the avaiton part but had problems with comprehension and some math.

any sugg.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
I can answer a few of those:

You should take the ASTB before you finish college. If you're already done with college then thats certainly not an option - in that case take it as soon as you can. But you don't need to wait until you graduate before you can take it (not sure if you meant it that way or not).

Also, after OCS, you will go to API, then the various phases of flight training, and you will need to go to SERE school. When you're done with all the training, you go to a training squadron to train in the aircraft that you will be fliying. So there will be many things between OCS and getting out to the fleet. What you have listed for step 3 may take a few years to complete from start to finish.

You should take things one step at a time. There are no guarantees to what (or if) you will be flying. Hopefully I didnt post anything incorrect here - someone please correct if so. Read around this site to learn about the process and everything it takes along the way. You can learn a lot just by reading all the threads pertaining to training, processes, etc. for a few days/weeks depending how much free time you have.

If you want to study up for the tests, get the ARCO book and read up on a few ASTB threads here. Theres a lot of good info up here. But please read through the ASTB threads before starting another one to ask questions because it might already be covered in another thread. If you get a score that is too low to be a pilot, then you won't get selected for it (but its really the whole package that you put together to apply thats looked at).

Hope some of that helps.

hellodollies

you can do all of the applying while you are in college, which is the smart thing to do. after you have a competitive astb and applicant package your recruiter will send it off for review by a board of officers. then you wait and see. if you make it you will be given a date to start OCS then after graduation you will do API then head off to a primary squadron either at whiting or corpus, then its selection, advanced, wings and the fleet...good luck

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yes. Survival, Evasion, Resistance, and Escape.

sam3x35

wat is the minimum grads that i need to pass the ASTB and what is it for pilot? thanks

GoshHawkeye said:
you can do all of the applying while you are in college, which is the smart thing to do. after you have a competitive astb and applicant package your recruiter will send it off for review by a board of officers. then you wait and see. if you make it you will be given a date to start OCS then after graduation you will do API then head off to a primary squadron either at whiting or corpus, then its selection, advanced, wings and the fleet...good luck

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I am a huge fan of typing posts on Microsoft Word, spellchecking, and then posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.