• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Static Display Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripp

You think you hate it now...
OK, here's my question: What is the procedure for getting military aircraft for a static display for an airshow/fly-in?

The reason I ask is b/c we (the Auburn flight-team) just had our first annual fly-in and I was wondering if, for next year, we could get some military aircraft to stop by for little kids (and the big kids ) to gawk at.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ahhhh, who cares about Auburn? Everyone already knows that the University of Florida is the place to be. Just kidding Tripp. Well, just about the "caring about Auburn" part. There are a few folks who care. But everyone does already know that UF is definately the place to be.

But to answer your question. If you were interested in getting a military plane or two to come in for a static diplay, I would contact a particular squadron's PAO (Public Affairs Officer). Every command has one. And what you're doing right now by asking questions is good. This type of stuff gets planned many, many months in advance -- minus a few cases I'm sure.

Just find out what squadrons are where, and then give them a call.

Good luck!

--Steve Wilkins

Tripp

You think you hate it now...
Thanks, Steve. We only started working on this year's in late February, and for almost zero publicity, we did pretty good. But for next year, we're going to do it RIGHT.

BTW, we can't all be the "Chosen Few" who attend Auburn. So I can't hold it against you. Hehe...

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You're right, you can't hold that against me...nor would you dare, because you and I both know the truth.

--Steve Wilkins

beau

Auburn? UF? who has the a great Aviation program and football team. XXXXXX XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX You guys are all bickering about these other "inferior" school when you are really dreaming about the number one school. Thats right XX!

Finch

GO XXXXXXX!!!

[Edited for improper languange, and lack of respect for SEC football! Go Gators! -- John Wickham]

Status
Not open for further replies.