• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Statement

llc21

So writing really isn't my thing. Ive written my motivational statement and hope that someone can giveme advice. I'm starting to think that I should just scratch it and start all over. Maybe I should include some memories, watching Saving Private Ryan with some vets, touring P-Cola, Norfolk. I need to have things done by Monday, So any advice is appreciated!

I am seeking a commission to the United States Navy for several reasons. I have a strong desire to serve the best country in the world, a country that has provided me with countless opportunities that I would not have had elsewhere. I am willing to do whatever it takes to serve America like so many other men and women have done before me. First, I believe that everyone needs to give back to their country, and this is my way of doing so.
Secondly, I know I have the qualities and beliefs it takes to become a great Naval Officer. Some of those qualities and beliefs I learned through athletics. Perhaps the most important of all the things I've learned is leadership. I have been on numerous teams, some with great leaders, and some with none at all. I would like to think that experiencing both types of teams has been beneficial to my leadership capabilities. I know what bad leaders are like, and I know what it takes to be a great leader. I am a firm believer in teamwork, and that one should never put him/herself before the team and its goals. Another valuable lesson I have learned is that of respect. I believe that respect is a key component of leadership. If you don't give respect, you simply will not get it, which will in turn diminish your chances of leading anyone to success. I plan on becoming a great leader by giving respect to those around me, and by always keeping the Navy's goals and ideals in mind.
Finally, I would like to serve my country so that I may honor my family. Every generation in my family (to my knowledge) has served in the United States Military. I want to be the next and I am ready for the challenge.