• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Starting my LASIK Process

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
@jpham89 Thank you for that extensive write up and glad to hear that everyone went so well! I will definitely be coming back and referencing this as I get closer to my surgery.

I had my dilation done last week and everything looks good. They mentioned I have some minor dry eye that needs to clear up before the surgery, but they said as long as I drink a lot of water and use drops in the couple of weeks before I should be fine. They also suggested taking fish oil pills post-surgery to help my eyes heal faster, not sure if the flax oil you're using serves a similar purpose.

FLGUY

“Technique only”
pilot
Contributor
Hopeful,

Just had LASIK done two days ago, and man was it worth it! I was originally batting around the whole PRK/LASIK thing for way too long, and decided on LASIK in the end. I never had bad vision, but I was on the borderline right at 20/40, and didn't want to risk anything down the road. The next day I was seeing 20/15, and it may even get better! I would recommend Wavefront ("Custom") LASIK, as it is more tailored to your specific refractive error, therefore resulting in a much better surgery. You won't regret it!

Hope all goes well with you!

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
Thanks man, glad to hear that your recovery is going well!

Yep I'll definitely be doing the wavefront-guided. Just over 2 weeks to go before mine, starting to get some nervous anticipation...

FLGUY

“Technique only”
pilot
Contributor
Anticipation is totally normal man. I was sweating bullets in the waiting room! But when it's all over, you'll be glad you did, and you'll have one less thing to worry about at MEPS/OCS/NAMI down the road.

speedroller

Rangers
I had PRK done 6 mo ago. My stats were -1.00R and -0.75L with 20/30L and 20/40R. My right eye also had astigmatism. Best decision i've ever made. Now i see 20/15 in both eyes.

jpham89

ProRec Y SNFO
Contributor
Your LASIK appointment is almost here! Good luck man! I just had my first month post-op checkup and everything is GREAT!

Now to lose some weight!

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
Just wanted to check in and say the surgery went amazingly smoothly yesterday. Woke up this morning with no pain and only a small amount of dry eye, and am seeing 20/20 in my right and 20/15 in my left. Can't get over how amazing this is.

One hurdle down. Now to hit the books, crush the ASTB in a week, and begin the 6 month waiting game. ;)

FLGUY

“Technique only”
pilot
Contributor
Isn't it amazing? You won't regret the Surgery my friend. I'm seeing 20/15 overall and couldn't be happier! I just started my 6 month wait 3 weeks ago, so we'll be applying around the same time. Hope all goes well!

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
Thanks man, all the best to you too! Any issues crop up in the few weeks post-op or has it been smooth sailing for you?

FLGUY

“Technique only”
pilot
Contributor
Overall great! Make sure you use those eye drops and eye shields as prescribed. Slightly dry eyes, so I'd reccommend buying some moisturizing drops.

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
Yeah I've been using those Refresh drops and they have been saving me. But thanks again for the help, sounds like we should both be going to boards around the same time (fingers crossed).

FLGUY

“Technique only”
pilot
Contributor
Yeah I've been using those Refresh drops and they have been saving me. But thanks again for the help, sounds like we should both be going to boards around the same time (fingers crossed).

Yep, I use those as well and they are fantastic. By the way, good luck on the ASTB-E! Don't rush into taking too soon, since you're now waiting half a year. I took it recently, and I'd be happy to help!

andre lane

PILOT1906
I need help! I got Lasik surgery and I see very well 20/15 each eye with a slight astigmatism of -0.25 and -0.75 before the surgery my astigmatism was -2.50 and -3.25 in the other eye. I looked up the requirements on astigmatism and the highest you can have is -3.00 can this be waviable by N3M? Even thought right now I have a astigmatism less than -1.00 in both eyes?