• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

STA-21 Selection and PCS moving...

k_smittay

Ok.. I searched for information on the actual PCS move that is associated with STA-21 selection but the information I found was vague at best.

Does anybody who has already gone through the process have any tips? How does it work since I will go to BOOST/NSI but my wife will not accompany me. She will most likely head back to the west coast and begin the search for a house and such. After NSI I will most likely be heading to the University of Colorado. Any information would be great.

I am really just hoping we can treat this like a normal PCS move as far as Navy funding goes and do most of it on-line through personal property.

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
Ok.. I searched for information on the actual PCS move that is associated with STA-21 selection but the information I found was vague at best.

Does anybody who has already gone through the process have any tips? How does it work since I will go to BOOST/NSI but my wife will not accompany me. She will most likely head back to the west coast and begin the search for a house and such. After NSI I will most likely be heading to the University of Colorado. Any information would be great.

I am really just hoping we can treat this like a normal PCS move as far as Navy funding goes and do most of it on-line through personal property.

You will PCS to RI as a Geo Bach, collect RI BAH during BOOST/NSI, and Family Sep during NSI. You will live in the barracks and they will take your BAS. They will probably tell you to visit smartwebmove.com once you have PCS orders, and that is where you set up the move. I don't think you will be entitled DLA, because you willingly did not take your spouse. All that could have changed by now, but thats how it was in my case.