• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

STA-21 Nuclear Option

Jojo2333

Good evening,

I am applying for FY24 STA-21 program Nuclear option but my rate is aviation side.
My major is Nuclear Engineering and i have earned 23 credits with 4.0 GPA, and i finished CAL 1.
I contacted N133 for the instruction of obtaining an waiver, they said i could have one with STA-21 package. It will route to NR.
Did anyone have the similar expericne before? I just want to know the chance of my waiver get approved.

Thank you for your time!

exNavyOffRec

Good evening,

I am applying for FY24 STA-21 program Nuclear option but my rate is aviation side.
My major is Nuclear Engineering and i have earned 23 credits with 4.0 GPA, and i finished CAL 1.
I contacted N133 for the instruction of obtaining an waiver, they said i could have one with STA-21 package. It will route to NR.
Did anyone have the similar expericne before? I just want to know the chance of my waiver get approved.

Thank you for your time!
You would be better off getting more credits and apply when you don't need a waiver, we would get many STA-21 nuke drops and they all said the same thing, that they went in with few credits and it became overwhelming.

also, why do you want to be a nuke officer?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Working on the PERS end, the nuclear community has been making a recent push to include non-nuclear trained enlisted (i.e. you) to apply for STA-21 N.

With that said, it’s my understanding there’s only been 1-2 accepted into the program. If you want tips, strategies, etc. it would be best to find him/her and get direct answers.

I would scour the selection results NAVADMINs and look for the non nuke accepted into STA-21 N. I believe there’s a STG who got it but don’t hold me to that. If you can find them on Facebook, send a message and even a friend request to them.

Lastly, talk to some STA-21 OC’s at the closest NROTC unit to you to network, learn about the program, etc.

Jojo2333

You would be better off getting more credits and apply when you don't need a waiver, we would get many STA-21 nuke drops and they all said the same thing, that they went in with few credits and it became overwhelming.

also, why do you want to be a nuke officer?
Good afternoon,

I'm working on my degree since last summer.
Become a commissioned officer is my career goal,i like the lifestyle in the Navy, and..i want to be a nuclear engineer.
STA-21 is a great opportunity so i was thinking maybe i can get a waiver for the program.
Thank you for your comment,i will focus on my degree and apply OCS if not selected!

Very Respectfully,

Jojo2333

Working on the PERS end, the nuclear community has been making a recent push to include non-nuclear trained enlisted (i.e. you) to apply for STA-21 N.

With that said, it’s my understanding there’s only been 1-2 accepted into the program. If you want tips, strategies, etc. it would be best to find him/her and get direct answers.

I would scour the selection results NAVADMINs and look for the non nuke accepted into STA-21 N. I believe there’s a STG who got it but don’t hold me to that. If you can find them on Facebook, send a message and even a friend request to them.

Lastly, talk to some STA-21 OC’s at the closest NROTC unit to you to network, learn about the program, etc.
Good afternoon,

Thank you for your advice! I will do more research.
Seems like if my package is strong enough i would have the chance for waiver.
I appreciate your help!

Very Respectfully,

exNavyOffRec

Good afternoon,

I'm working on my degree since last summer.
Become a commissioned officer is my career goal,i like the lifestyle in the Navy, and..i want to be a nuclear engineer.
STA-21 is a great opportunity so i was thinking maybe i can get a waiver for the program.
Thank you for your comment,i will focus on my degree and apply OCS if not selected!

Very Respectfully,
I am not saying discount STA-21, just keep working on your degree and apply when you don't need a waiver.