• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sta-21/nsi fy 11

wernama

I posted a question about NSI in the FY 11 schools thread but, I didn't get a reply... so, im starting a new thread in hopes that a few selectees from recent years could enlighten this years STA-21 selects as to what an average day/week consists of. Any advice as far as what to bring, not to bring, or anything you can think of would also be great. Im aware that the NSI website lists some basics and briefly describes a "daily schedule" but, it would be nice to know how its really like from a recent graduate... Thanks and see you all very soon.

kekio86

Checking in...
My orders say report NLT 19FEB11, but on the website it says to report on "the Sunday closest to your report date before 1200."
So which one is it?

Mustang64p

pilot
I'm going with my orders which say NLT the 19th also. You can't be wrong if you do what your orders tell you to do.

OC/EMC

If the same holds true for this NSI as it has for the last 3 years, then a check-in on Saturday (or sooner) will just have you waiting around on base or in town until curfew Sunday night. But as always, you cannot go wrong with following your orders.

This was the CDO phone number for OTC (Officer Training Command) when I went through: 1-401-862-4321. The duty guy/gal might be able to give you some better information.

Have fun and I hope you don't get a room with a noisy radiator.......

kekio86

thanks for the information, i guess i will call tomorrow and find out. I am driving from Florida, anybody else driving?

yolaqui77

Confused!!!

How I wish I had seen this sooner.... So I am planning on waking up at 3am to drive the 10 hours to Newport tomorrow... now I am wondering should I wait until the next day since you guys are saying we should be checking in on Sunday?? I tried calling the CDO number, but no answer ;-(
Wish I had also seen that they take your cell phone for the first 2 weeks... sigh!!!

EM1(SW/AW) Hab

hey i drove the rest of the way from new york this morning. I have a little house off base if anyone wants to go out and do anything tonight before we check in tomorrow just give me a call 4054170943.

LAX89

I am going to head to newport around 12 tomorrow - I think. Im sure that I will change my mind and spend a bit more time with the family before I leave. I had seen that we could have our cell phones "after working hours" on the web site, where did the info that they take them for the first two weeks come from? Either way it doesnt really matter, I sort of expected it.

ashleymeyer06

Hello everyone. I was selected for STA-21 FY13 and will also be reporting to NSI in the February time frame. I have a few random questions. Nothing too important, just some minor things about PT and uniforms and stuff like that. Is anyone still around that would be kind enough to help me out? Thank you =-) :)