• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

STA-21 Medical Corp Option

Beefalo

Anyone have any experience, insight, thoughts, etc. about this? It was just introduced in April 2007 so I was wondering if anyone applied or got accepted but I cant find the fy08 sta-21 message. If I got out I was thinking of going into optometry but if the Navy is offering this through sta-21 this sounds like a great deal. Unfortunately I dont have any gouge on the specifics of what this community is looking for in an applicant. I am an ET2 not sure if that places me at disadvantage from say an HM2.

docpup

What is another word for theaurus?
Not sure of the message number, but it was posted on NPC. The STA-21 Medical Corp Option is a good deal, unfortunately they only picked up two personnel (one EOD, one SEAL) for the program this year. It seems as if they are going to deploy this program on a small scale to see assess the effectiveness. The information is on the STA-21 web page.

Beefalo

OK I found the selectee list. SKimmed over it and it looks like one was only selected for medical corp along with 2 alternates. From what I am hearing from other Navy medical corp doctors and recruiters is that almost every year the Navy falls short on recruiting docs. But I guess graduating college is no gurantee one will graduate med school which is why I can see the Navy being very picky.

SkywardET

Contrarian
I don't have any insight into the program to provide, but I would recommend applying for it this year. You have nothing to lose and seemingly everything to gain, right?

StillAlive

Recent NAVADMIN showed that 2 personnel were selected and 2 personnel were alternates. I have the stats for all programs; core definately held the lead.