• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

STA-21 and SRB??

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAR522

If selected for STA-21, when do the SRB installments stop? The most recent NAVADMIN 179/04 states that payments stop once the initial application was received, but I've also read that the payments stop after notification of selection. Since SRB's are received on Oct 1st and selection notification isn't until mid Oct, would I still be able to keep my SRB? Has anyone previously selected encountered this problem?

nateb

I knew it. I'm surrounded by a**holes!
That's definately how the message reads. However, I did not suspend my SRB installments until after notification of my selection (Oct '02). This would only make sense as you will continue to work in the rate/NEC for which you received SRB if not selected for STA-21.(I know, when does the Navy ever do things sensibly?) Also, check out OPNAV 1160.6A http://neds.nebt.daps.mil/Directives/1160a6.pdf , this is the instruction pertaining to enlisted bonuses. Section 5.f. on page 4 spells it out. Which do you follow? That I'm not so sure of.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
I still got my installment last year even though I had applied

Ooooh!

I get my final installment this Oct 1st - this means I can keep - yes?

I hope so.

Second question: IF I get selected, what, if any, is the time frame I can expect before reporting to NSI? Do they have set classes starting every few months or is this an increment type deal?

Thanks

haydog

Oooh!
I am wondering about the SRB too I saw the same message and got worried. As for the NSI thing most people check in there around Sept time frame the next year. We had 1 from my command last year and 3 the year before, all of them left the next Sept minus those taking transfer leave.

Ooooh!

Well... crap... That is a LONG time to wait. I admit I am impatient. I want to get in the program and get into classes and just get busy. I am in the last third of my first shore tour at a Joint Command and I am B.O.R.E.D. (not to mention I put a few pounds on due to my desk monkey job...which way is the gym???

Send me to Sea...please. I want to sea the sun rise and set on a horizon of glass. (and get some nice sea pay ;)

haydog

Tell me about it. I am currently on instructor duty with Bull right now and I can't wait to go back out to sea.

haydog

I just talked to my PSD and the lead DK said that you will get your SRB and if you do get picked up you do not have to pay that years installment back, but you will not get the next installment.

Status
Not open for further replies.