• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Spring 2010 nrotc ship list

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Sucks to be Carlos.

Maybe Carlos should have worried more about the classroom and not getting STDs at SDSU. As for selection, being last is not so much of a big deal. By the time selection ended last year, there were still plenty of DDG spots left in Norfolk so it's not necessarily the end of the world being "The Anchor".

As for selecting, my best is to ask around and see which ships to avoid/aim for. Being in Norfolk for a bit and interacting with shipmates on the waterfront, I have a good sense of which DDGs to select and which ones not to select. So if you need any help, i'm more than willing to assist and go through the entire ship-selecting process.

Also, looking at the merit list; no funny names this year. Bummer. I'd have to admit, the best names I've seen so far the past few years have been:

Tao Cheng (SWO joke)
Steamboat Rock (No kidding, this was the guy's real name)

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What kind of parent names their kid Steamboat? Yeah, I know there are some weird "family" names out there, but honestly, how do you think a kid is going to live professionally with a name like that? When I have kids I'm going to use my parents' naming convention when they picked my name and my brother's: all names should sound good with "The Honorable" in front of it.