• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Spouse Question.

batesdl

Have a spouse question. At what point in training does the Navy allow your wife and or husband to move down to your training point to get an apartment etc? I was enlisted for 4 years but now am looking at going officer/pilot. I am sure there is a major difference. Just something to think about.

Thanks,

Dan:icon_smil

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
^Same applies for the Marines.

If you decide to go the NROTC route, your spouse can go with you there even though you are not commissioned yet (both Navy and Marine).

I'm pretty sure that you will have to go to Newport for a 9 or so week course over the summer (NSI for Navy and either MECEP prep or BOOST for Marine) and I'm not too sure on how that works as far as spouses are concerned.

FENIAN

Can I go home yet?
pilot
I know that in the Marine Corps, look at your copy of your Original Orders. If it say DUINS or Permanent Change of Station, your spouse is permitted to come with you on Uncle Sam's dime. If your orders say TEMINS, TAD, PTAD, or Temporary(usually a span of 6 months or less), your spouse's acoomodations are your responsibility. Your availability during liberty is more based on your training situation. When I was at Comm School in Cali, my wife moved to San Diego on my dime, and I visited her on the weekends. I had TEMINS orders.

Flyboylance

New VR FTS select
pilot
I was in the STA-21 program and my wife went with me everywhere. First, in Newport, RI then to my college of choice.. Good times by the way.

batesdl

Thats cool. I am prior enlisted looking at going back officer now. I was wondering how it worked out for the spouses.

Dan