• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SPECWAR Question

Critter

I am an enlisted E5 who wants to go to OCS. I am interested in becoming a SEAL. Looking through the program authorization it states that you need to have your three interviews with SEAL officers. I am not familiar with any. How are you supposed to get in contact with them for the interviews? Where do you locate them?

BDavis11

Contributor
I am an enlisted E5 who wants to go to OCS. I am interested in becoming a SEAL. Looking through the program authorization it states that you need to have your three interviews with SEAL officers. I am not familiar with any. How are you supposed to get in contact with them for the interviews? Where do you locate them?
Your coordinator at your command should be able to assist you with that portion.

exNavyOffRec

The guys that I had picked up maxed out pushups (>100), situps (>100), under 10 min run, under 10 min swim, and pull ups in the teens.

If you haven't looked at the PA here it is. https://www.mynavyhr.navy.mil/Porta...rve_Sep-2020.pdf?ver=suD7zbYdDhj6c4l4yiunLA==

You will meet many SEAL officers in the process as you also need to attend SOAS prior to selection, I would recommend if you aren't at the numbers I posted above to get to that point before starting the process as people always do worse during the actual test than in practice.

It is rare for enlisted to be picked up SEAL officer that is not currently an enlisted SEAL.

The interview can be interesting, one of my candidates interviewed with a SEAL Captain, his interview was conducted while they ran on the beach in Coronado for miles.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
The guys that I had picked up maxed out pushups (>100), situps (>100), under 10 min run, under 10 min swim, and pull ups in the teens.

If you haven't looked at the PA here it is. https://www.mynavyhr.navy.mil/Portals/55/Career/OCM/PA-100D_SPECWAR_Active_and_Reserve_Sep-2020.pdf?ver=suD7zbYdDhj6c4l4yiunLA==

You will meet many SEAL officers in the process as you also need to attend SOAS prior to selection, I would recommend if you aren't at the numbers I posted above to get to that point before starting the process as people always do worse during the actual test than in practice.

It is rare for enlisted to be picked up SEAL officer that is not currently an enlisted SEAL.

The interview can be interesting, one of my candidates interviewed with a SEAL Captain, his interview was conducted while they ran on the beach in Coronado for miles.
To this point, I checked a random recent FY and all but one of the fleet accessions were enlisted SEALs, and the one who was not was SWCC.

This echoes my experience at OCS and working with/dealing with the SPECWAR and EOD communities. It might honestly be easier to cross-rate into the SPECWAR community as an E5 than it is get selected to OCS on a SPECWAR contract.

luckynumbr27

Depending on your year group, applying to BUD/s as an E dog and applying to OCS once you have a bird will definitely be a more feasible path. Not saying what your trying is impossible, I’ve just never heard of it happening. You could also apply to OCS for an officer branch that would ultimately let you go. We had multiple Intel and SWO O-2’s that came from the fleet instead of off the street in my class. If that timeline is too long, you could separate and apply as a civi which is still super selective but you control your own destiny at SOAS and compete against other civis instead of active duty SO1s/SOCs.