• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

specops PRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

perchul

I know there isn't very much about the specops prt but if anyone could give me some answers that aren't to speculative I'd really appreciate it. I'll provide information that my Officer recruiter gave to me
Scores the boards are looking for, mind you these are not the minimums, as far as I'm concerned those aren't at all significant to my plight
swim 500yrds- 8 minutes
pushup in 2 minutes -100
situps in 2 minutes - 100
pullups ( not timed ) 15 - 20
1.5 mile run - 9 minutes

these are my current scores
swim 500yrds - around 10 minutes...much work is needed I know
pusups in 2 minutes - 119
situps in 2 minutes - 134
pullups in 2 minutes - 30 <---very very proud
1.5 mile run - 9:23 <I will be able to get that down to 9

My swim I know will be over 8, I'm just hoping I'll get it down in to the high 8's by mid november for the test, my question is will my other scores help offset the swim and if anyone knows how realisitic it is for college grads with no military exp. to get a spec ops officer slot.

Another question that I think I should ask in a different forum but will ask here instead is I had a shoddy gpa when I graduated in August (2.2) my OAR is ok I got a 51 (should of gotten the marine study packet)I'm wondering how much emphasis specops applies to the gpa, my chief said it wasn't that important...I just want a few more qualified thoughts

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Are you still at UF? If so, you need to go down to Van Fleet Hall on UF Campus and talk to one of the LTs there, there is a good chance that one of the ECPs there is either an EOD or SEAL, never hurts to ask. While I was an ECP there, the SEAL ECPer we had put all the MIDN through their paces, and his personal observation that he called in to the selection board had a lot of weight, just some background FYI. At the very least could provide you with some useful insight into what you may or may not need to work on.

Anyways, best of luck on your package!

perchul

I've graduated but I'll be in gainesville this week, so I'll see if I can meet with one of them, I appreciate your advice

Status
Not open for further replies.