• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Spatial disorientation demonstrator

Pags

N/A
pilot
Hard to say, most get so disoriented they lose track of time, and in some cases their sense of self and identity. You may emerge a different man.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Hard to say, most get so disoriented they lose track of time, and in some cases their sense of self and identity. You may emerge a different man.
Some also lose their dignity... all over the console.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Has anyone here ever (or known someone) barfed during this? I've never heard of it from anyone. It wasn't a pleasant experience I'll say, but nothing insane.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Has anyone here ever (or known someone) barfed during this? I've never heard of it from anyone. It wasn't a pleasant experience I'll say, but nothing insane.

Is this the device that looks like it came out of a H.G. Wells novel? If so, my theory was that if you got it spinning fast enough, the occupants would travel back in time.

Instead I remember it being kind of boring and going on for too long. And that's about all I remember from the training.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I thought it was kind of cool. Sure you were tilted back when you weren't, made you think you were spinning one way when you were actually spinning the other, etc. I don't recall being sick at all. More just, "huh, that's weird."

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

We had at least one in my class, made a real mess.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I thought it was kind of cool. Sure you were tilted back when you weren't, made you think you were spinning one way when you were actually spinning the other, etc. I don't recall being sick at all. More just, "huh, that's weird."
Likewise. At the end, I thought "that's it?"

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
No barfing here...but I did float some major air biscuits...which resulted in EMI.