• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

some questionable info from officer

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxford

Hi to everybody !
I submit my docs 4 weeks ago to a local officer. I wanted to be an intelligence officer but that officer finally called me 2 days ago and said that I cannot apply for Intel because my parents are not U.S. citizens........( they do have Green Card and live in the United States) Is that true? I really do not believe him. I found one DOD doc about immediate relatives and did not find any exact info about the relatives. I understood that everything would be considered case by case. It could be mitigating factor for security clearence if they are here but I did not find any info that they should be the U.S. citizens... Does somebody know where to look it up? Does some of you have the same situation? I need doc to look it up and if possible to go to different officer.
Question number 2: what else a woman can do in the NAVY instead of Intel? Any suggestions?
Thanks for you help
icon_smile_sad.gif

rabbit845

The requirements for the sec. clearance state that both you and your immediate family must be citizens--but, they can waive their citizenship status. The only non-waivable "offense" is not being a citizen yourself. Don't know how you'd go about getting this waived, though.

Can't quite give you a source on this, but I am in a similar situation, and recall seeing something like what I described above on a Navy website.

oxford

If this issue can be waved does it mean I can apply and ask for a waver or can I apply ? Is rule about parents applies only for Intel position or for any officer position?
Thanks

rabbit845

They've both lived in the US for years.

My understanding is that this is a requirement only for the really in-depth security clearance that intel requires. I haven't seen anything like this mentioned for things like Supply, SWO, nuke, etc..

As far as how to handle it, I couldn't say. I've only just started the process, and am waiting until my parents status is finalized (and some other things...like choosing a community) before continuing.

Grandmaster235

World's Greatest Pilot
Originally posted by oxfordQuestion number 2: what else a woman can do in the NAVY instead of Intel?
Anything except SEALs and submarines.

OXFORD, I noticed from another thread that you have a J.D.? Are you licensed? If so, have you thought about the Direct Appointment program for the JAG Corps? The security clearence requirements would be less than for Intel, you wouldn't have to go to OCS, and you would start out at a higher rank (more $$$).

http://www.jag.navy.mil/html/direct_appointment.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.