• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Soft contact lense waver

OohRahUSMCF18

I am planning on signing up for Marine PLC by March 31, 2006. My vision is around 20/200 and I just got soft contacts at the beginning of February. I hope to get the air contract for a pilot slot. However, since I need to show 6 months of problem free ware for my contacts in order to get the waver, my OSO said that I could sign up as a ground officer and then come November we could just switch my contract over to the air contract. The reason I can't wait is because I am a junior now and if I wait too long I will not be eligible for PLC since it is not for seniors. Is my OSO telling me the truth? Is it hard to switch a ground contract over to air? What do you guys think of that? Can it be done that way?

Also, do I need to get some sort of documentation from my optometrist now in order to start the "six months of problem free ware” since I just got contacts? I also have bad astigmatism so I have to ware the toric lenses. Is that allowed?

Appreciate any advice you all have.
Also here is the link for the soft contact lens waver.
http://www.nomi.med.navy.mil/Nami/Wa...gy.htm#contact

irishmc

OohRahUSMCF18 said:
Also, do I need to get some sort of documentation from my optometrist now in order to start the "six months of problem free ware” since I just got contacts? I also have bad astigmatism so I have to ware the toric lenses. Is that allowed?

you're going to need that and alot more. the SCL waiver is a friggin gauntlet of requirements. if you want some more info on it, I can give you some documentation that might help you decide if you still want to give it a try.

OohRahUSMCF18

irishmc said:
you're going to need that and alot more. the SCL waiver is a friggin gauntlet of requirements. if you want some more info on it, I can give you some documentation that might help you decide if you still want to give it a try.

Yey Irishmc, if you could send me that SCL documentation that would be great.