• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SOCOM hints at 6.8mm - end of 6.5mm Creedmoor?

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Correct! At least early on. Though it replaced his first choice, .25 ACP.
I have the .380 ACP PPK, blued. It was my first pistol purchase, and it’s a very nice CCW.

One thing I don’t necessarily like about the pistol or the Bond films is that the PPK a blowback design, which as you no doubt know, means the barrel is welded to the handgrip. And which of course means it’s impossible to use a threaded barrel without significant modding, or a factory threaded barrel version. So all those cool shots (pun intended) of 007 firing a suppressed PPK, sadly not real.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I have the .380 ACP PPK, blued. It was my first pistol purchase, and it’s a very nice CCW.

One thing I don’t necessarily like about the pistol or the Bond films is that the PPK a blowback design, which as you no doubt know, means the barrel is welded to the handgrip. And which of course means it’s impossible to use a threaded barrel without significant modding, or a factory threaded barrel version. So all those cool shots (pun intended) of 007 firing a suppressed PPK, sadly not real.
I'm pretty sure Q was more than capable of issuing Bond a custom threaded PPK with all the other crazy shit he got.