• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

so how long does it take?

Status
Not open for further replies.

palmettoguy4519

How long does it take to hear back from Pen. once you have submitted your application. I know that there is not an exact time, but what is a good aprox.? I am going for Pilot, supply and crypt.??? :confused:
Similiarly, If i am selected, what are the next steps?

Doc33

sailorman

Did you just recently apply for OCS or have you already gone through? If you are applying for OCS, it could literally take several months to a year. If you are selected the first time around (not often) all you'll need to do then is complete your security clearance (pain in the.....) and swear in. Other than that, one can only tell.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
What happened with your security clearance kycntryboy? Have some EPSQ problems? How were they handled?

hobbz

Final Select NFO
Have you filled out the EPSQ yet? It's an extensive list of questions regarding where you've lived the past 7 years and people who knew you well at each address. They also require information about all your immediate family members and a few people who have known you well for at least 7 years, where you have worked, etc, etc. It asks about drug use, law violations, etc.

On paper the form is about 13 pages. Fortunately the Navy has an electronic version where you can type in the answers, validate that you have all of the required fields, and then email the file to your recruiter.

The reason it's a pain in the ass is because they send a DSS agent to interview some or all of the people listed on the form, review your medical records, and do an extensive police background check. It will probably take longer for crypto/intel/nuke applicants, as they're applying for Top Secret clearance.

Kycntryboy

pilot
E6286 said:
What happened with your security clearance kycntryboy? Have some EPSQ problems? How were they handled?

Nothing happened I just had to resend in a copy with "explaination", I got my name changed because I was adopted, and a medical bill that was over 90 days. They new about it on my application, they just wanted it on my EPSQ from what my OSO told me.

Status
Not open for further replies.