• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SNFO Journals? Anyone? Bueller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

room5047

Hey shipmates,

the flight training journals on this page are great, but does anybody know of any webpages out there by NFO's or SNFO's? I'd like to get some gouge on their training - and avoiding getting shanghaied into P-3 service, if at all possible...

show me your WAARRRR face!

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
In the four years + that this site has been up, I have yet to stumble across or have someone email me a link to an NFO journal.

As for getting shanghaied into P3 service, you don't know what your missing...

fiveyearsdead

Will somebody please tell me what is so great about P-3s aside from not going to the boat. Personally, the boat is where I want to be, after all, this is the navy. Also, is it true that all helos have only aviators and no flight officers?

mikedjp

One of the P-3 bases are in Hawaii, that's a nice perk. (Not necessarily a reason to request P-3's though.) I'm not in the Navy yet, so I'll stop here on saying what is great about P-3s, cause I don't know much.

No NFO's on Helos.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
For those prospective NFO's who want to go to the boat so they can see the real Navy, it's not possible. You might as well be a P-3 bubba. Better life. The only "boat" that NFO's go to are the CVN, and that is DEFINATELY not the real Navy. Trust me on this.

--Steve

BYSun

How do you figure? Just curious about the distinction you are making.

Bryce

In the end it all comes down to a simple choice, get busy livin' or get busy dyin' - The Shawshank Redemption

Dunedan

Picture Clean!
None
The CVN's, while not the "real" Navy, still sound like fun - at least as much fun as a base on a rock somewhere. At any rate, DOES anybody know where to find a SNFO journal? How does the Navy determine which NFO's are assigned to which aircraft? Do the SNFO's get to choose, based on class ranking, like the SNA's? Or is there another method?
-A

Ummm...yeah

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Here's on in the works....
http://www.geocities.com/jon_stroble/welcome.htm
ea6bflyr
icon_smile.gif

BYSun

Very interesting site. It is a little old (2000) but well put together. Thanks for posting it.

Bryce

In the end it all comes down to a simple choice, get busy livin' or get busy dyin' - The Shawshank Redemption

Status
Not open for further replies.