• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SNA vs NUPOC: When to apply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cougar23

I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I'm wanting to apply to both NUPOC-subs and SNA BDCP. I'm completing my freshman year, and so after next year I"ll have taken the physics and math's needed to be able to apply for NUPOC. I want to do that, but I also want to apply for pilot. The PROBLEM is that I would have to wait until after my junior year to apply for pilot, because I'm going to have to get my eyes PRK'ed. Is it possible to apply and then get accepted for NUPOC, then apply later for pilot(after I get PRK) and then switch over to SNA if I get accepted for that even after being orginally chosen NUPOC?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Possible, but very unlikely. The Nuke program is a priority program and the Nuke program managers will not want to let you go. Pilots are a dime a dozen. The aviation program managers won't want you that bad since there are lots of guys in line behind you and the nukes won't let you go. Decide what you want now and commit to it. Don't try to play the system, you may get screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.