• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SNA NROTC 23 service assignment

Reecehardy14

Hello all,
Recently just put in for SNA as an NROTC student for the 2023 service assignment. I scored 7/7/7 on the ASTB, have a tier 2 major with a 3.58 GPA. PRT score is a 90. The main thing hurting my package is class rank/professor of naval science points. Looking for the opinion for anybody who has been selected SNA/NFO, or anyone who has greater knowledge on the selection process. How would this package look to the board? Thank you.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hello all,
Recently just put in for SNA as an NROTC student for the 2023 service assignment. I scored 7/7/7 on the ASTB, have a tier 2 major with a 3.58 GPA. PRT score is a 90. The main thing hurting my package is class rank/professor of naval science points. Looking for the opinion for anybody who has been selected SNA/NFO, or anyone who has greater knowledge on the selection process. How would this package look to the board? Thank you.
Have you asked your class advisor (or aviation advisor) this same question? From first glance, it appears you shouldn't have any issues being selected as an SNA assuming you are PQ.

Reecehardy14

Have you asked your class advisor (or aviation advisor) this same question? From first glance, it appears you shouldn't have any issues being selected as an SNA assuming you are PQ.
Most instructors that I’ve conversed with give the usual “nothing is guaranteed what happens happens,” which to that yes I understand

flyORdie

I feel like I will be in a similar boat next year. I am just joining the college program as a junior at a school with a large NRTOC program. Would my score of a 9/9/9 on the ASTB and 3.5 GPA in a tier 3 major outweigh class rank/ professor of naval science points?

Edit: My advisors just tell me they just send the packets up and get results and don't know how selections are made.

Last edited: