• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SNA Availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

DUFlyer

I just want to tell you a little bit about myself in hopes of getting some good advice. First, I have always been interested in naval aviation. Last year I contacted my officer recruiter and he said based on my background, grades, etc. he thought I had a very good chance at getting an acceptance to OCS as an SNA. However, at that time I was a Junior in college, and still thought I had a good chance at playing professional baseball. I recently had minor shoulder surgery, that wouldn't prevent me from passing the physical, but did end my baseball career. After checking some postings on this forum I learned that the Navy had filled a lot of SNA spots since I last contacted my recruiter. I called my recruiter last week, and he told me the situation did not look good at this point. In fact he told me (and he said this was his opinion) that they might actually stop accepting applications soon, but they haven't yet.
Here's the situation. This is something I really want. And I am curious if these types of lulls are common. i.e. If I wait six months or a year to apply, am I likely to have a better chance at being accepted than if I apply now when the SNA slots are essentially full? I'm still only 21, so I do have some time, but I'd rather start the rest of my life rather than putting it on hold. Sorry for the long post, but I would appreciate your input.

Thanks
KP

navy101

There is no harm in applying right now. Worst case scenerio is that you get rejected. If that happens apply again. I was rejected the frist time I applied and was accepted the second time around. The key to everything is not to give up and believe in yourself. If you do that then you will reach your goal.

farkle84

if i were you i would apply. if you get denied wait a while and while you are waiting take a few flying lessons to see if flying is something you can do.

Rayman

Yeah. No harm in trying, besides it's the one thing that you want to do as a career so go for it. Don't rely on what you hear.

rayman

mbtans

Definitely apply now. Take a few weeks to make a really thorough and good application, photocopy the entire thing, and submit it now.

If you get accepted, that's great. If they say they're full, hang on to your photocopied application until the fall and apply again when the new fiscal year starts and all those pilot slots are open.

Status
Not open for further replies.