• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Small jet and glider collide near Carson City, NV

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Damn....

Out of Control Flight........EXECUTE

Bad day...can't believe the guy made it out...

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
No kidding, that picture of the wing aint so comforting. I can see why the pilot was injured too.

I tend to look at it the other way, I think that the picture shows the durability of the airplane. I'd feel better knowing the aircraft could survive hitting a glider or two. :D

JIMMY

man, good flying on the hawker end... and nice work getting out safely on the glider end... that must have been some experience.

ruxtmp

The field I fly out of is right under a Victor airway and none of the rental gliders have transponders (not required). I've seen some 737s and airbus types pretty close by and thought it was neat. But those pictures kind of make me think that I should wear a parachute while soaring and improve my scans for other aircraft.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
But those pictures kind of make me think that I should wear a parachute while soaring and improve my scans for other aircraft.

Samuel-Adams.jpg

ALWAYS A GOOD DECISION!!!:D